Should you be dissatisfied with any aspect of your care please contact the practice manager.
If you are not happy with the response you receive please raise your concerns in writing with: Healthcare Inspectorate of Wales (HIW), Welsh Government, Rhydycar Business Park, Merthyr Tydfil, CF48 1UZ
Complaints manager is Barry Holmes
Complaints from patients are responded to within 48 hours with an initial reply. The complaint is then fully investigated, and the patient given a written response. If this is not adequate, resolution is sought locally before being escalated.
The practice complaints procedure is:
- Simple, accessible and well publicised
- Designate a complaints manager to deal with patient complaints (usually the practice manager or practice owner)
- Requires that complaints are acknowledged initially by telephone and promptly followed up in writing with an explanation of how the complaint will be dealt with
- Indicates the agreed timescales for investigating and responding to the complaint
- Gives patients the opportunity to express their concerns
- Requires complaints to be dealt with confidentially, with all discussions, meetings and telephone calls held in a private area
- Makes it clear that complaints are monitored closely as part of a commitment to improve practice standards.
The complaints manager will:
- investigate the circumstances surrounding the complaint
- seek the views of the relevant team members
- examine the patient’s clinical records-
- contact the protection society/defence organisation for advice
- notify HIW of the complaint if the circumstances dictate so that HIW’s role in regulating patient safety, quality and effectiveness can assist in complaint resolution
I would like to tell you and your team how pleased I am with my new crowns and veneer. I am sorry that I waited so long to pluck up the courage to have them replaced. From the first appointment to the last one I felt very comfortable with you. I am really pleased with the final result and would like to thank you very much it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be.JR, had anterior aesthetic crowns and veneer
When first put forward, the notion of having an implant, I was reluctant as there were no decent alternatives and the best solution to the problem that I had. Dr Holmes and his staff were excellent and we spent some time going through the treatments. Now, some months later, the implant feels as if it’s been part of my mouth. It is so comfortable. It’s part of me. Thank you.JP, had implants
I had lost a few back teeth over the last few years and I’ve been aware and very conscious of the gaps. I had a plate put in place but it proved to be uncomfortable and cumbersome in the mouth.
Over the last year, I’ve undergone treatment for 2 implants which are now complete. I have had an amazing experience. I’ve been looked after well by Barry and all the staff involved in the process. Just having my new teeth is fantastic. This will give me new confidence and fabulous new smile. Thank you.SD, had implants